Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree(s)

I LOVE Christmas Trees. I think some people think I'm certifiably crazy, but I just love the cozy feeling you get when a room is lit with twinkle lights on a tree. Over the years, I've added trees...this year we have 10 in our home...I'll share some of them with you...

This one is in the kitchen. It is decorated with cookie cutters, candy apple, gingerbread and candy ornaments. It is a 6 foot tree, and has orange and white lights.

These two are on a plant shelf in the family room. Our trusty knight is keeping watch over them. These are the two new trees for 2008. They are 5.5 feet trees with white lights.

This is our "main" tree -- the one that the whole family decorates together in the family room. Lots of handmade and personalized ornaments on this one. This one is 10 feet tall and has multi-colored lights, which we add to with some fun bubble lights and other crystal lights.

This lovely red and gold tree graces our dining room. I love the topper on this one...it's blown glass. This is a 7.5 foot tree with red and white lights.

This may be my favorite tree. It's in our entry and I really enjoy decorating this one with deep jewel tones. This is a narrow 10 foot tall tree with white lights.

And, finally, the one that people really think is crazy...we have a small 4.5 foot tree in the powder room. I don't really care if you think I'm insane...it looks nice and ensures that no matter where you go on the main level of our house, you'll see a Christmas tree!

The kids each have trees in their rooms...Next year, I hope to add a tree in the basement, which will be completely finished by then.

So, there you have it. Enjoy...and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

You're not crazy. My mom puts up several themed trees too. Your kids will appreciate how much you celebrate the holidays when they get older.

Kelly said...

Wow!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Merry Christmas, Ann.