Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just 2 resolutions this year...

I'm just making two resolutions this year...but, they are big ones, and they cover a lot. Ironically, I probably have NO chance of actually fulfilling them, but I'm hoping that, by "striving" for these two things, I'll live more of this year in "thrive" mode versus "survive" mode.

Here they are:

1. (Strive to) Honor God in everything I do, say and think.
2. (Strive to) See myself and others as glorious -- made in the image of God.

I've been reading Isaiah and a general theme is the righteousness of God and how He/Love is the ultimate winner -- all the time. Submitting to that feels a whole lot easier than beating myself up over mistakes and shortcomings.

I'm going to meditate on the promise in Isaiah 26:3-4 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal."

And, pray Isaiah 26 8-9 "Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, I wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of my heart. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you."

And, finally, I'm going to celebrate Isaiah 26: 19 "But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of morning; the earth will give birth to her dead."

The celebration starts tonight...at VWS...when a whole bunch of people declare that they are following Jesus at our New Year's Rockin' Eve Worship and Baptism celebration! I can't wait to start 2009! Happy New Year!

No comments: