Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh, how I'm missed you...

Sometimes things just get out of control, you know?

I was doing so well there for awhile...

Had (made) some margin in my schedule....

Prioritized spending quite time with God....

Journaled/blogged my thoughts and various things I felt like God was revealing to me...

Then, as I tend to do, I let life take over and take control...

So, I've missed you all...I've been reading your blogs, but haven't done much on mine.

And, I'm not sure I've been giving God enough space to talk as much as I should...as much as He might want to talk to me.

Sometimes when the kids are talking all at once to me, and I just want to share something with them, or hug them, or look at them and they are squirming around and screaming and whining about something...I stop...and wonder...

Is this what God sees when He's trying to talk to me? Trying to hug me? Trying to show me or tell me in some way that He loves me?

Of course, I know the answer to those silly rhetorical questions. And, I realized I'm a whiner sometimes, and a squirm-er most times...

So, I'm trying to slow down and listen...But, I will share this little update...

I read Isaiah 58 a few weeks ago. I read it over and over and over and over again. Found myself getting pumped up, moved, excited, convicted, called. And then, for a few weeks, distracted.

Tim read it this week during his message at VWS....and I saw in my bible how I had underlined the whole darn chapter...

and I realized...

He's trying to say something to me...

and I need to slow down a bit, fix my eyes on Him, and listen for awhile.

So, here's to re-prioritizing...again...and remembering that I have to make an effort to make time to listen...

2 comments:

Nick Calcara said...

Thanks for reminding me how to be still. I love you! Good blog!

ford knowlton said...

This is what God has been confronting me with for the last 2 years. My damn forgetful nature. Thanks for the the reminder. I'd love to talk to you more about this some time in the office maybe. - Ford