Monday, December 3, 2012

Waiting on a warrior


If there is one, over-arching thing I've been learning this year, it's this:

The jealous lover of my soul has nothing less in mind for me than a warrior of integrity and courage, that makes me want to be more courageous and have more integrity. 

One who loves Jesus, and loves that I love Jesus.  

One who knows how I take my coffee.  

One who learns how I like to be kissed.  

One who can’t wait to hear the details of my day and share the details of his.  

One who never tires of learning me, and letting me learn him.  

One who "gets" how simultaneously messed up and gloriously made I am.  

One who celebrates my gifts, talents and passions as much as he celebrates and embraces his own.

I am worth it. 

And, as I talked through this a bit with a good friend tonight, I realized just how far I've come in the past year.

And, that God has faithfully used the struggle and pain of the past two years, and the years even before, to set me free.  

I appreciate freedom because I knew imprisonment and manipulation.

I appreciate provision because I lost much.

I know my beauty because it radiates from the inside out.

I know my worth because I know my maker.

I know joy because he is making me new.

I will wait on a warrior, because the jealous lover of my soul has nothing less in mind for me.


No comments: